COMMON GOAL AND TASKS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF PREVENTIVE MEDICINE IN LATVIA
The Association "Latvian Preventive Medicina Association" (LPMA) was founded in 2019 with the aim of developing preventive medicine in medical treatment and inclusion in the health care system in Latvia. The association unites doctors who work professionally in the field of preventive medicine.
The goals of the association are:
- development of the field of preventive medicine in medical treatment and inclusion in the health care system in Latvia;
- promotion of Latvian public health preventive measures;
- raising and improving the quality of preventive medicine.
Tasks of the association:
- to promote the improvement of the preventive medicine education system;
- to promote the improvement of the organization of preventive health care;
- to take and support preventive measures for the promotion of public health;
- to carry out and support public education on preventive health and medical issues;
- to promote the specialization, qualification improvement, exchange of experience and improvement of professional knowledge in the field of preventive medicine;
- to promote and control the promotion and observance of the ethical principles of doctors in the field of preventive medicine;
- to increase the general level of education and awareness of health care professionals about preventive medicine, including by publishing a periodical professional publication;
- to co-operate with state and non-governmental organizations, including other medical associations and with foreign non-governmental organizations in order to achieve their goals.